Happy Monday, and welcome to Grungy Monday 39! WOW-- thirty-nine!!! That's a whole lotta distressing, my friends (in a good way!), and I'm so grateful to everyone who's shared their art. This will be the last Grungy Monday for a while, because it's almost time to launch the Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2 series, and which will present 35 shiny new Tim Holtz techniques! If you haven't gotten your copy of CC2 yet, I hope you'll click the blinkie at the top of the right-hand column and order an autographed copy directly from the man himself! I'm putting the info together for the new series now, and should have it all finalized by mid-week, so please watch for an "official" announcement shortly.
Meanwhile, let's re-visit one of Tim's most clever alcohol-ink techniques with a trip back to December, '09:
A little plaid action, my friends!
The fabulous folks at Simon Says Stamp are generously sponsoring this challenge, and will give a $25 shopping spree to one lucky GM39 participant! I just love them.
- Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Clover, Butterscotch, Meadow, Lake Mist, Willow
- Ranger Archival Ink: Library Green (queen image) and Jet Black (text)
- Adirondack Gold Paint Dabber (crown)
- Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs (speckles on main panel and flourishes on background)
- Stamps: Wendy Vecchi Regal Art (queen and crown); Tim Holtz Stuff to Say (sentiment); Tim Holtz Spring Sprung (flourishes)-- All by Stampers Anonymous
- Four-leaf clover is Tim's Core'dinations Kraft Core paper cut with Sizzix Alterations Tattered Florals die (the flower was cut apart to make the clover shape).
- Card background is also Tim's Core'dinations Kraft Core
- Button is Idea-ology by Tim Holtz
To participate in GM39:
- Create a work of art using Tim’s 12 Tags of Christmas 2007, Day 3 technique, with any colors and imagery you wish.
- Post a photo of your creation on your blog or at an online, public photo-hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket. You can enter this challenge anytime before Sunday, March 11 at 8pm MST.
- Be sure to include a link to the technique on Tim's website: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/12-tags-of-christmasday-3.html.
- Also include a link to our fabulous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp: http://www.simonsaysstamp.com
- Finally, please include a link to this Studio L3 challenge post.
- Link your art below using the handy InLinks button.
- Revel in your fabulousness!
Don't forget to upload your Grungy Monday art to the designated folder at the All Things Tim group at Yahoo, too!
There are still a few days left to sign up for Tim's Creative Chemistry online class (which is going to be AWESOME!). It starts on March 19! Click here to read all about it.
Thanks so much for getting Grungy with me! Enjoy the challenge, and I hope to see you for CCC2!